[INSERT NAME OF RELEVANT PERSON/BODY/BUSINESS] is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are: [INSERT YOUR CONTACT DETAILS]. For all data matters contact [DATA PROTECTION OFFICER/OUR DATA REPRESENTATIVE] on [INSERT CONTACT DETAILS].
1.0 What employee personal data do you collect?
Please list the types of information you collect on your employees, for example: "We collect personal details needed to administer your records as an employee, including personal information such as: Name, address, phone numbers, email addresses, date of birth, next of kin, marital status, gender, educational and professional qualifications. In addition, we hold employment information such as: past employer details, start dates, tax codes, training and assessment records.
2.0 Do you collect any 'special category' data?
We collect information including: racial/ethnic origin, trade union affiliation, and health data.
3.0 For what purpose(s) do you process personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage our employees;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To inform individuals of news, events or activities.
4.0 What is the legal basis on which the processing of Personal Data will take place?
5.0 What is your lawful basis for processing your special categories of data?
6.0 Is data shared with any third parties?
Your data is only shared with organisations necessary for your employment. For example: - Pension Provider - Bank - Potential future employees requesting references - Emergency services in the event of an accident - Statutory authorities.
7.0 Do you transfer any data outside the European Economic Area?
[We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA.] OR [If personal data is transferred outside the EEA, include details of the countries and relevant safeguards that you have implemented.]
8.0 How long do you keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for a period of [INSERT RELEVANT PERIOD] in order to [INSERT SUFFICIENT REASON FOR RETAINING PERSONAL DATA]. Examples include: in case of any legal claims/complaints
9.0 Why are employees providing you with their personal data?
[You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. But failure to do so will have the following consequences [INSERT DETAILS].] OR [We require your personal data as it is a [statutory] [or contractual requirement], [or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.] OR [You are under an obligation to provide your personal data to us as [INSERT REASON]. If you fail to adhere the consequences will be [INSERT DETAILS].
10.0 Your employee's rights and their personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
• The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
• [THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING AT ANY TIME, WHERE CONSENT WAS YOUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA];
• The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
11.0 Automated Decision Making
[We do not use any form or automated decision making in our business.] OR [PROVIDE DETAILS OF ANY AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING (INCLUDING PROFILING), STATE HOW DECISIONS ARE MADE, THE SIGNIFICANCE AND CONSEQUENCES OF THE PROCESSING FOR THE INDIVIDUAL.]
12.0 Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our [DATA PROTECTION OFFICER/OUR DATA REPRESENTATIVE] on [INSERT CONTACT DETAILS]. If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
Number of Visitors
Visit Today : 137
Visit Yesterday : 247
This Month : 2905
This Year : 18732
Total Visit : 97770